Skip to content
What does the Q-switch laser treat?
- Sun damaged skin
- Nevus of Ota
- Café-au-lait lesions
- Solar lentigines
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Enlarged pores
What are the benefits of Q-switch laser?
- Removes brown age and liver spots (lentigines)
- Removes freckles
- Removes brown birthmarks and Nevus of Ota
- Minimize fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Stimulates new collagen synthesis to improve skin tone
- Safe for all skin colors and types
Why Choose Mill Creek Skin & Laser?
- Mill Creek Skin & Laser has been treating pigment issues since 2005
- Skin pigmentation conditions can range from simple to more complex.It is important that we determine the correct diagnosis before planning any treatment, therefore a consultation is required.
- You are unique.So is your treatment.At Mill Creek Skin & Laser we offer a comprehensive menu of first-class lasers and restorative modalities which allow us to customize a treatment plan for each and every patient based on their skin issues and desired goals.This may include a combination approach of treatments and products.
- Our professional laser technicians have extensive training, knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Your health, safety and comfort are at the forefront of all of our treatments.
- We offer a full range of proven medical-grade skin care products essential for maintaining and protecting your skin health.
What is a Q-Switch Laser?
The Q-Switched Nd:YAG laser produces 2 wavelengths, one in the infrared range (1064 nm) that penetrates deeply into the skin without injuring the top layer of skin; and a second beam of 532 nm wavelength which is useful for superficial skin lesions. Q-switching refers to the technique of making the laser produce a high intensity beam in very short pulses.
How does this laser work?
The high-speed light energy is released in a series of very fast (nanosecond) pulses, which microscopically vibrate and shatter the pigment into tiny particles deep within the skin. These particles are then naturally reabsorbed and disposed of by the body. The additional benefits of this laser’s energy also targets the building blocks of healthy skin, stimulating new collagen growth to replenish the collagen we lose as we age.
For more aggressive treatment of advanced photodamage, a physician can change the settings of the laser. After this one-time procedure, the skin will appear slightly red, like sunburn, for a few days.
This more advanced treatment is appropriate for patients with light to medium skin tones and significant photodamage including large brown “sun spots,” an increased number of moderate wrinkles, and a ‘leathery’ texture.
The laser can also be used to treat deeper pigment problems, including melasma. Often called the ‘mask of pregnancy,’ melasma appears as a dark ‘stain’ on the skin and can be triggered by hormonal changes. Although doctors have yet to find a cure, a combination of laser treatment and skincare prescription products can manage the condition.
Can the Q-Switch Laser help reduce scars caused by acne?
The Q-Switch works very well in combination with the PicoSure Focus or SmartSkin CO2 fractional resurfacing laser to reduce the most common types of acne scarring. The laser’s energy stimulates collagen remodeling, and over time the appearance of acne scarring is minimized.
What areas of the body can be treated?
The laser can be used to rejuvenate many areas of the body including the face, neck, chest and back.
What can I expect after treatment?
After treatment you may experience mild to moderate redness, which is common and should resolve itself within a couple of hours.
For the more aggressive treatment, skin gets darker to the point of scabbing and then flakes off with 5 to 7 days of treatment date.
When will I see results from the Q-Switch laser treatment?
Patients will feel a difference in the texture of their skin after the first treatment with the Q-Switch laser. Because collagen takes time to grow, you will continue to see improvement over the next few weeks.
After 4-6 sessions, you’ll notice a dramatic improvement, including smaller pores, more even skin tone and softer texture. Many patients choose to have monthly or quarterly touch-up sessions to maintain their results.
How long do the results last?
Results will vary from patient to patient. Continued aftercare including sunblock and adequate skin care products will be important as well as maintenance treatments to help sustain the results.
For those dealing with melasma, it can be challenging to treat and long term remissions are difficult to achieve. Mill Creek Skin & Laser will work with you to develop an effective treatment regimen combined with a medical grade skin care regime to help you successfully treat and manage your melasma.
Pre and Post Treatment Instructions
Download the pre and post treatment instructions form to learn about what do to before and after your treatment. Remember to sign the form and bring it with you to your appointment.
HOLIDAY GLAM SPECIAL
You will receive:
a Brow Wax & Brow Tint, a Dermplaning Facial, a Hydrafacial,
a Free Makeover, a $150 Gift Certificate toward Botox,
and a $150 Gift Certificate toward Coolsculpting
(reg. $890, save 44%)