BOTOX® is most recognized for its cosmetic applications, but it was originally designed for medical use. When it is used for cosmetic purposes, it is referred to as BOTOX® Cosmetic, although they are the same substance. At Mill Creek Skin & Laser Center, we can use BOTOX® injections to address both medical and cosmetic concerns. (Minimum 40 units per appointment.)
Why Choose Mill Creek Skin & Laser
- Experience Matters: BOTOX® Cosmetic injections are a medical procedure. Dr. Lin exhibits extensive knowledge and a deep understanding of a person’s facial anatomy. He combines his experience, training, and advanced injection techniques to safely and correctly inject BOTOX® Cosmetic, accomplishing the desired outcome without complications.
- Reputation: Dr. Lin performs all of the injectable treatments at Mill Creek Skin & Laser. He has a loyal and extensive clientele that trust and appreciate his knowledge, artistic eye, and advanced injection techniques. Dr. Lin strives to deliver safe, visible—but subtle—first-class results, which has shaped him into being a leader in the cosmetic world.
- Advanced Techniques: BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment is very technique driven. Dr. Lin is an advanced injector who spent years training and perfecting his injection techniques. He provides exceptional results that our patients have come to love and trust.
- You are unique. So is your treatment: BOTOX® Cosmetic is not a “one size fits all” procedure. Dr. Lin customizes his treatment to your individual needs. Through skilled observation and evaluation of your facial asymmetries and dynamic muscle action, Dr. Lin calculates the precise amount and placement of BOTOX® Cosmetic needed to achieve optimal results.
- Natural Results: Our patients benefit from Dr. Lin’s conservative approach. You can achieve beautiful, natural-looking results without the dreaded “frozen face” effect. Dr. Lin’s goal is to create overall symmetry for an exquisite appearance.
- Listens and Cares: Dr. Lin understands the changes associated with facial aging and listens to our patients’ concerns. He is very passionate and meticulous about his treatment. He utilizes gentle injection techniques to ensure your comfort, and insists on taking his time to achieve results that leave you looking younger, fresher, and more relaxed.
- Follow-Up: A two-week review following treatment is complimentary for all new patients.
Benefits of BOTOX® Cosmetic
- Softens the appearance of physical wrinkles
- Retrains the muscle behavior to achieve increased longevity of results
- When you combine BOTOX® Cosmetic with dermal fillers, you can create a total “liquid facelift” effect
- Softens the lines between brows
- Creates a mini brow lift
- Reduces crow’s feet around the eyes
- Lifts up the corners of the mouth
- Jawline contouring and shaping
- Relaxes vertical muscle neck bands
- Has medical applications as well as cosmetic
- Fast results and virtually painless
BOTOX® Cosmetic is one of the most popular non-invasive FDA-approved cosmetic treatments today. It requires zero downtime, so you can come in and erase those signs of aging on your lunch break. Treatment is quick, easy, and virtually painless. If you do experience any pain during the procedure it feels like a quick pinch to the skin. When you meet with our BOTOX® Cosmetic specialist for your consultation, we’ll address any specific questions or concerns you may have. Individual results may vary.
BOTOX® Cosmetic can be used to treat the following concerns:
- Neck Bands: Relax vertical muscle neck bands for a tighter, smoother appearance
- Lip Lines: Reduce/soften appearance of lip lines in conjunction with lip filler
- Marionette Lines/Prejowl: Turn corners of mouth up to improve prejowl
- Bunny Lines: Smooth horizontal lines on the nose
- Crow’s Feet: Reduce lines from the outer corner of the eye
- Eyebrow Lift: Relax the muscles that pull the brow line down
- Forehead Lines: Diminish the appearance of forehead lines
- Frown Lines: Relax lines caused by frowning
- Gummy Smile: Relax the top lip to reduce a gummy smile
BOTOX® can also be used to treat:
- Bruxism: Prevent teeth grinding and make face more oval
- Hyperhidrosis: Decrease excessive underarm sweating
- Migraines: Minimize the frequency and severity of migraines
Recovery and Results
Typically, you can resume your normal activities without anyone knowing you just had a treatment. Some patients may experience slight redness from the injections, but this should dissipate fairly quickly. There is also a slight chance you may bruise at the injection site, however, we try to minimize any chance of bruising by following the pre-treatment protocol. If a bruise does occur, we have a laser that can be used immediately afterwards that can help speed up the recovery process. Arnica, which can be purchased directly from Mill Creek Skin & Laser, can also help resolve bruising more quickly.
Pre- and Post-Treatment Instructions
Download the pre- and post-treatment instructions form to learn about what to do before and after your treatment. Remember to sign the form and bring it with you to your appointment.
*Individual results may vary
What Our Clients Say
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a safe, effective, FDA-approved injectable that temporarily relaxes the muscles. It works by blocking the process that causes your muscles to contract, thereby lessening or preventing muscle contraction. As a result, facial wrinkles literally disappear. BOTOX® Cosmetic is a great tool for “retraining” your muscles over time, which means they’ll learn to stay relaxed, which helps results last longer with repeated treatments.
Patients see a vast improvement of wrinkles with one BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment. However, results are temporary. To maintain this look, it is recommended to undergo additional injections every three to four months.
Our patients typically see the results of their BOTOX® Cosmetic injections within two weeks. Lines continue to improve for up to a month and the final results can last for up to four months. Patients should return every three to four months to prevent the return of their wrinkles.